RE: More on Haywood

The mistakes of others don't excuse our own. No one hesitated to
second-guess the Moiso choice. These guys get paid to make these decisions,
and fans are entitled to second guess. Is it too early? Yes, but remember...
the Celts didn't draft three high school kids. Everyone compares them to
McGrady, but Johnson and Forte played two seasons at major D-I schools and
Kedrick played two years at JC. So the McGrady comparison is flimsy. Forte
is older than Tony Parker. Why should we believe he'll surpass Parker
eventually? Haywood played four years, but is young for his class. Bad draft
decisions haunt teams for years. We don't know if the Celts made bad
decisions, but I'll guarantee Washington wouldn't trade Haywood right now
for any of the Celtics' rookies. Indy wouldn't trade Tinsley for any of
them. San Antonio wouldn't trade Parker for any of them. That says a lot
about all of the players involved, because the Celts' first two picks were
much higher than the others.

Mark