Re: re Walker = Pathetic

I think this is a little over the top.  Pathetic? That's a little harsh I
think. I would guess it was more about his teammates letting Walker run the
show "at home".  The game was played in Chicago in front of a passel of
Walker friends/family.  Gorman referred to Walker having many people there.

If they did learn anything, it should be to win the game first and then wave
to the crowd later.  Walker was "communicating" with his fans while running
up and down the court. This is unacceptable in anything but a blowout. It's
inexcusable in a loss. It's just part of his maturing process though. At
some point his teammates won't accept it and he won't want to do it. But
there were others that didn't get the job done in Chicago including Pierce,
Battie etc...

Leadership comes in steps.  Walker coming into camp in game shape was step
two.  Making everyone else better will be three.  Learning to win first and
foremost will be after that. IMO.

Enjoy the up's and don't get too upset on the downs.  I want the team to
play competitive but still get a decent shot at a helpful draft pick.  There
is still plenty of learning that needs to be done. It will be two years
before Johnson or K. Brown will be the third guy in the manner of Pierce or
Walker.  At least two, if ever, for Forte to take over the PG role.  Battie
isn't healthy yet.  His coming into camp in great shape next year will be
key if we don't get another center in a trade.

I want the guys that get squeezed out of the market the next couple years to
want to play here because they feel they have a shot of going deep into the
playoffs.  I want players being mentioned in trades to include Boston as a
destination.  (This is different then players demanding a trade, I don't
usually want them on "my" team.  I don't like the attitude.)

Barring an injury to Shaq, you are going to need a decent center to beat
LA/whoever in the next few years.  In any case your going to need a shot
blocker/rebounder in the center.  Somebody will be available in the next
couple years.

By the way, I think the reason Walker was playing the 5 spot at the end of
the game is because he is still the best rebounder on the team because of
his great hands.  I like Miller though.  He looks like a guy that will be
around the league for a while.  Chicago is looking to trade him.  Walter and
Blount for him?

<Jim

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com