the game

Fun game, attendance was real light (lots of suits...the Fleet has a
package type deal for corporate types. Conferences during the day/afternoon
and then they give out available tickets for the game that night, seemed
like some kind of financial group thing...scrounged my way to a few in the
past ;^) would have hoped there would be more people..oh well.

V continues to play well. Unfortunately JJ still seems a bit lost in his
mini funk...he's moving well w/out the ball but nothing is going down for
him. "He" needs to shoot more...just not 3's. Pierce...well just watch
Sportscenter. He had a "quiet" 24(?) in the first half then went into
Jordan mode. Kenny and Battie both contributed as well.

If Pierce had converted after "that" Walker pass the house would have come
down. Walker got a nice standing ovation after that one (for those who
can't see the games, just imagine one of the most amazing
"over-the-head-behind-the-back-on-the-break" passes you've seen, to PP
right before he was fouled by LaFrentz(?) taking it strong to the hoop). I
didn't pay as much attention to Walker as normal just because of, yes you
guessed it, Brian Bowen!!! Where the hell did he come from? I was at the
game with my brother and commented that if this was a movie, he would be
cast as the goofy hick guy from the heartland (Iowa 98' as it turns out).
Did his facial expressions look as silly on TV? He almost looks like a tall
guy who won a "play in a real NBA game" contest or something. He's not that
bad really, just entertained the hell out of me...hey call me simple-minded
if you want.

Kedrick came in at the end of the game (along w/ the other Brown) and
chucked up a 3. then heaved another one later with a semi-clear path to the
lane. It's one thing having Walker/Pierce throw them up. But if this is
OB's doing he is really doing disservice to the rookies if they are
shooting 3's rather than taking it to the hoop due to his four 3 point
shooters on the floor at all times dogma.

I don't feel so much that they really killed the Nuggets as much as the
Nuggets stink, but 5 in a row baby! This is what they are supposed to do! I
want more games!!! We are now in 3rd place in the Eastern conference.

Oh...One of the guys I work with (normal day job) sells programs at the
Fleet for C's/B's games (go through the left side turnstiles...90% of the
time that's George you'll see). Anyway, I was halfway up the escalator and
he starts yelling to me...I skip my way back down and he hands me a the
game notes...never seen one of these before, looks like what they hand the
media types. Maybe 50-60 pages. "EVERY" stat you'd ever want know, as well
as what looks like word for word the drivel most announcers say during
pauses "the last time the nuggets scored 14 points in a quarter was against
the Celtics in December of 99'", "over the last three games Lafrentz is
shooting 89% from the line" that kind of stuff. It's one of the most
useless/interesting things I've ever seen.