OT Re: McNuggets Preview

>>It sounded funny okay but to this day I'm unclear about meaning or
>>usage....i.e. is "6-piece" considered less or more offensive than the
>>"9-piece" option.
>
>The 6-piece is cheaper and has less content. :>))

OK I wasn't going to do it but I have too :^)

McDonald's Chicken McNuggets come in three sizes 4, 6, and 9 piece (there
is of course the fabled 12 piece, but the ramifications of including this
gastro-intestinal monstrosity in this discourse is beyond the scope of
comprehension).

I think Spike was using the "6 piece" Metaphor to represent the 6 headed
troll fathered from the leg of Ymir (the first giant in Norse mythology,
created from the drops of water formed where north and south met and the
ice melted) who went on to battle Odin and create forever a rift between
the gods and the giants. The "9 piece" of course referring to the Hydra in
Greek lore, who's heads would "sprout into 2 more beasts" when cut off.
Hercules ended up defeating it by lopping off it's heads and burning them
then burying the 9th (and immortal) head under a rock as one of his 12
labors to regain his honor. The "4 piece" most likely refers to the four
headed leopard Phasis, who overlooked the Kingdom of Babylon and who's
heads represented the 4 equal divisions of power that followed Alexander
the Great's rule.

He sees Clarence Thomas a dividing force in society, rather than an
guardian of equitable power as with Phasis, or as a entity that will grow
stronger when attacked straight on as with the Hydra. So I would say more
offensive obviously. Pretty deep for a guy you thought was just a Larry
Bird hating, Jordan Jock carrying, myopic dwarf.

To keep this a little on topic...I'll be at the game tonight. I'm a bit
nervous as these are the games that really kill me when they have a let
down. I'll be making a lot of noise and I hope they get the recognition
they deserve from the crowd for their 4 game mini-streak. I've always been
a glass half full kind of fan, but I'm starting to get really excited
again. I haven't felt this way in a while...really looking forward to each
game and feeling like "something" is missing on nights they don't play.
Probably haven't felt like this since Reggie played or the year or two
after that. Hopefully it's a good sign.