a few of my favorite plays

Small things, maybe, but I saw E. Strickland take a rebound away from Olajawon, under the bucket; I saw both JJ and Kedrick block a Carter jumper; I saw JJ tip a loose ball to himself with such grace; I saw Pierce go to the floor and then Strickland--the play that basically ended the game; and I saw everyone approach the foul shots with intensity (other than Kedrick's two misses, we were 20 of 24.  Cool.

We've seen a resurrection of defensive hustle and positioning, plus rebounding, that can keep us in the thick and (manytimes) overcome our bad shot selection.  Maybe if Kenny (today's MVP) and JJ or EW keep scoring well the ill-advised shots will diminish.  Kenny handled the lane today like few can; hopefully that will be a strength of Joe Forte some day.

Gene  (hopeful, as ever)