Misc. articles

Regarding some recent articles that were posted:

I think its nice that TSN's Sean Deveney ranks Pierce and Walker as first
team All Atlantic forwards, with Walker also ranked as "Most Versatile" and
Pierce as "Most Underrated".  But even I think McGrady or Hill would at
least challenge as "Most Versatile", while maybe guys like Eric Snow/Aaron
McKie or say a Brian Grant might typically win plaudits as "underrated".
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/support/atlantic.html

I hope they live up to it. Who know, maybe Toine losing 20 pounds may not
be much spread over a 6-9 body, but considering that he is also lifting
weights under Tim Grover it could be a very significant thing. Plus once
you get into an extreme fitness ethic, it can get really addictive. You
look at what happened with Chris Mullin.

Regarding the CBS's Mike Kahn article on top shooters, that list really is
all over the place.
http://www.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,4238765,00.html

I guess it depends on your definition of great shooters: Rasheed Wallace is
ranked 7th and McGrady is 5th for instance, whereas a group of classic pure
shooters including Nowitzki, Ray Allen, Glen Rice etc isn't ranked any
higher than 9th.

If Rasheed gets into any NBA "top shooters" category, then surely Kevin
McHale deserves to make the All-Time list by that definition. Or Parish,
whose 18-foot turnaround was at least as accurate.

If you are talking about pure shooters from the past, the most egregious
oversight was Chris Mullin IMHO. He was by far the best US Olympic shooter
I ever saw....better than the injured Bird or the great Reggie Miller on
later Dream Teams. BTW, the 1984 US Olympic team (which cut Charles
Barkley!) might have been even stronger than some of the later Dream Teams.

-----