Re: A lighter Antoine

Alex wrote:

If you could
add PFs that can shoot, which is more common, you'd be able to run this
lineup with all three of our current centers, and it would help when
Antoine is not on the floor too. Guys that the Celtics have previously been
interested in with these characteristics: Van Horn, Nowitzki, Croshere, and
maybe Troy Murphy.
------end-----

Have to disagree here Alex. None of these guys-or their type-do anything to
solve the Celtics' two glaring weaknesses: rebounding and interior defense.
If you're going to play Antoine at point guard and add a power forward to
the lineup, I want a real power forward-one who will rebound and defend and
add some toughness. The last thing this team needs is to just add a McCarty
to the floor for more minutes-he doesn't rebound, he doesn't defend and he
makes terrible decisions. Other than that, he's great. Of course, O'Brien
seems to have his own ideas and you're probably right about McCarty seeing
more time. I think we'll usually see a small guard in there when Antoine is
at PG (Palacio, Randy Brown, Forte), or McCarty. Ugh.

Mark