Re: A lighter Antoine

Jim wrote:
Walker coming in to camp in basketball shape this year is huge.

Watch the 15th spot go to a PF.

---end---

We can only hope! If this is true, it's one half of a huge, huge step. The
other half is finding a PF to play there when Antoine is at PG of SF. How
good would a lineup of Antoine at PG, JJ at SG, Pierce at SF and (I'm
dreaming again) Mason at PF be? Even with Batgirl, Blount or Vitaly at
center, that's pretty good. Of course, being in shape is only half the
battle for Antoine. He also has to prove he can play PG. I guess part of me
feels like how good does he have to be to be better than what we have?

Anyway, the only way I get excited about the Antoine at PG experiment is
when it involves adding a PF to the lineup. That gives Antoine huge size
advantages over every PG in the league. And with the size the Celts will
have at the 2-3 positions-with JJ and Pierce-there's no easy switch. Plus,
can you imagine Toine, JJ and Pierce covering the perimeter in a 3-2 zone?
That kind of length would make penetration a chore.

Josh, tell Chris Wallace to get on the phone and start working that Dale
Davis-for-Vitaly and a pick trade.

Mark