Re: Celtics=Playoff's???????

The Knicks, Hornets, Pacers, and Heat are on their way
down.  The Celtics are on the way up; they played last
year with Pitino coaching half the season, their best
PG and C injured for most of the year, and without a
legit third scorer.  This year, the Celtics will be
younger and faster, which the new rule changes may
favor, and Walker and Pierce are both deserving
all-stars in my book; the positive karma from their
excellent time-honed chemistry will suffuse the entire
team with confidence and anchor our new upstart and
talented rookies.

Kwame Brown could have a superb second half of the
season with his unique tremendous athleticism and
offensive potential.  Joe Johnson could step right in
and start.  His smooth all-around skills, court
vision, and unselfish play can only benefit team
chemistry.  And something tells me Antoine will rack
up the assists passing out of double teams to Forte
for high-percentage medium-ranged jumpers.

The Celtics are on the rise and the franchise seems to
be moving in the right direction.  Importantly, the
roster is on its way into being more flexible for
perseonnel changes.  Pitino locked up so many mediocre
players to absurd long-term contracts that with the
exception of Walker and Pierce, the team had nothing
to trade.  Kenny Anderson, Eric Williams, anyone?  We
are now in a position to trade our own draft picks
(why get younger at this point), the pick obtained
from Philly, any of our rookies, and even guys like
McCarty, McLeod, and Blount will now have trade value
since they are on the last year of their contract.
Heck, if the Celtics get off to a good first half of
the season, maybe they'll even be able to pull off a
trade for that elusive Mutombo-ish monster center.
Let go of Pitino's bitter lingering shadow.  He's
gone.  All signs indicate that the franchise is now
moving in the right direction.  We'll make the
playoffs.  You'll see.  If not this year then the
next.

http://im.yahoo.com/