Building Value

It was a Pitino term, "building value in our players," but Wallace knows it's
true. Before we can make a meaningful trade and get real value back we have
to build value with the players we have. This could not be accomplished with
Moiso. It may be accomplished with Battie, Blount, Palacio, even McCarty.
Maybe even Anderson can be built up enough that a PG desperate team may take
him off our hands. VP has value (look at what lesser centers were showered
with this offseason) and may gain even more with the new rules since he's
capable of hitting 15 footers. I think the only players we have who have
basically no hope of building value are EW and Randy Brown (unless he somehow
can stay healthy).

George