Re: Shammond Williams and Damon Jones

Well, I think they're completely different players than Carr. They both
project as combo guards - guys with point guard size and quickness but with
scoring ability rather than a pure passing mentality. I could see the
Celtics being interested in them because of the way the offense is run
through Antoine (and maybe Joe Johnson this year too).

We've seen Damon Jones back in the Pitino days as one of the many, many
third string point guards we've had. Out of the two, Shammond Williams
seems to have the better reputation. He shot 46% from the field and is
supposed to be an explosive offensive player. But he's evidently looking to
re-sign with the Sonics, who should have the right of first refusal on him
(early bird exception), so I don't think we can get him except with a
sign-and-trade, unless the Sonics just don't think he's worth whatever we
offer him - something less than the exception.

Alex