Re: Sporting news article on Pierce

Kestas wrote:
To be fair, I think he tries, but is either overmatched in the low post, or
fouled, with few of the fouls called. So, naturally, he's discouraged from
going to the hole. We all know how tempting it is to throw up a jumpshot
when a
bigger, taller opponent is waiting for you down low.  He does get some tough
rebounds, though, so he's no Travis Knight.

----end---

Agreed, that he gets some tough rebounds when he puts his mind to it. That's
what's so frustrating about seeing him drift on the perimeter most of the
time. Antoine can be a dominant rebounder, especially on the offensive end.
But he's losing his desire to do that. It's Cliff Robinson-itis.

As for the fouls... He'd get more calls if he attacked the basket strongly.
He tends to throw up weak shots down there, rarely using pump fakes to lift
the defender in the air. He plays like he doesn't want to go to the line,
whereas so many players spend half their time pump-faking and leaning in to
draw contact. Antoine's the opposite, and the officials see that.

Mark