Re: comments of Gee's mail-in

Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu writes:

> The reason the Lakers look invincible now is because they peaked at the right
> time, while Portland and San Antonio bottomed out at the wrong time. I
> wonder
> what Gee was saying about the Lakers earlier in the season. Now every media
> schmuck is on the bandwagon, saying how the Lakers can't be beaten. Yet
> Phily
> had a legit chance of winning3 of the 5 games, and that's with AI rapidly
> breaking down, Lynch coming back from injury, and Hill having a crappy
> series.

     I'm not really getting into this, but I think you're a bit off here.
The reason they look invincible now is exactly as you say - they peaked at
the right time.  That's what great teams do.  The fact that they can go
through the 82 game season with internal feuding/discord, losing streaks and
the like, and then get it together for the playoffs, says something about the
quality and strength of the team,  and something about the lack of similar
strength on the part of San Antonio.
     As for Philly, they gave it a hell of a run early on but, like the
Spurs, they folded in the end and got blown out in the last two games.  They
were injured, true, but no more so in games 4 and 5 than in 1-3.  No, they
faded in the face of superior opposition.  The best team won, and won clearly.
     It really, really hurts to be writing such good things about the Lakers.
 Damn.
 - Doug