Shammond Williams

ESPN Insider claims the Celtics are pursuing Sonics free agent Shammond
Williams. That tidbit was included in a story about Toronto also going after
Williams. Anyone have any thoughts?

Personally, I like Williams as a role player. He is a decent backup point
guard who can really shoot. I think he's the guy who would see some "point
guard" minutes when Antoine actually was running the point. Williams would
defend the opposing point guard. I'm guessing he'd fill the role they
eventually hope Forte can fill (but isn't ready for yet). Is Williams more
valuable than Khalid El-Amin? That's a tough question. I guess my opinion is
that a "true" point guard would be a better fit... it comes down to whether
or not El-Amin is that guy. Also, I'd rather land a banger for that final
roster spot... but Williams gives us another 3-point shooter, so you know
Obie would love him. :-)

Mark