Re: Hakeem-Croshere-Vitaly?

on 7/31/01 10:16 PM, Roy Enrile at renrile@qualcomm.com wrote:

Since the Rockets want Vitaly, and Obie must want the playoffs badly
this year, I wouldn't mind directly trading for Hakeem.

Realistically, can't think of a better addition that fits with
most of our current player's games (average D, roaming away from the
post on O), than getting "Dream" for a couple of years.  Even slowed down
he's got far more coordination, rebounding, shotblocking than our
frontcourt guys, and it wouldn't hurt to have a legend/champion's
attitude rubbing off on the youngsters every day.

But if that book-length essay of Wallace is all about sacrificing for
the future, then never mind, stick to the plan.

           ***************
   Hakeem just turned down a three year, 10 million dollar deal with
Houston.
   If we were to trade Potapenko straight up, as a sign and trade,  Hakeem
could expect V's contract, which is about 4.5 million and lasts for three
more years.
   I like having Olaijuwon, even if he only plays 25 minutes a game. He
finished last year very strong and I think a move like this is necessary to
get us into the playoffs.
   My two questions?
   1. If we do this sign and trade, would Olaijuwon have to get the same
length of contract as Hakeem?
   2. If he did, would you want him for three years?

-JB-

Unchain My Heart!