Re: Should have got rid of all of them..

It was pretty widely known that the Cs were interested in McGrady, but
Pitino wasn't hot for a high school player.  The problem with TMac (or any
high school guy), is that they are'nt ready to make an impact when they
first come into the league.  When MacGrady came out, The rookie contract
was only 3 years, and there was a real question about whether the original
team drafting the guy would be able to keep him.  In fact, McGrady bolted
after 3 years.  All things considered, I think Pitino was right to be
leery of high school players at that time.

If Derek Anderson hadn't been coming off an injury, he is the guy we
should have taken that year.  Nobody knew Derek better than Pitino, but in
hindsight, he was one of the few gems of that draft and was substantially
better than Ron or Chauncy.

****dave