final games obs

Moiso - the papers say Obie wants him to play on the Celts team in the Boston
summer league so he can get Celt coaching but Moiso wants to play on a
different team in the LA league. I have to see it Moiso's way here. You think
that if they wanted to give him some coaching, they could have given him some
time during the 3 last meaningless games. He may need motivation but some
players need playing time to get motivation. They haven't tried that yet to
our detriment.

Wallace - I wanted to hear his opinion on what the purpose of drafting a
forward (it is very likely that some good power forwards will be available at
our spots) would be. Everyone says we need inside players. Yet we get Fortson
and they can't find a place for him to play. They get rid of him and draft
Moiso. Then they can't find minutes for him. It is very doubtful a bonafide
space-eater center will fall to our spot and there isn't a point guard
available. Therefore, we will be likely drafting more forwards with a slight
possibiity of drafting a shooting guard (Richardson or Forte). These guys
won't see any time with the possible exception of Battier. The Cs are
fundamentally flawed with Walker at the power forward spot and weak centers
and the players available in our spots will only be able to develop at the
expense of Walker or Pierce, not just Moiso...

Walker - I hate the Walker at the point guard stuff. It so much reminds me of
the Pitino era. It brings out the worst of Walker and the 1 on 5 mentality
like he did more of in the early years. He reminds me of Kenny on how he
pounds the ball into the ground hoping to make the perfect pass to a cutter
that everyone else is waiting for.  The team plays with so much better
balance when Palacio is in there. Walker should spend the summer working on
his hook shot, not point guard skills...

Blount - he has helped out this year and has some upside. He is definitely an
upgrade of Riley, our previous third center. Tommy brings out a couple of
great points in that Blount does run around with his hands down and doesn't
block out, which he calls college ball...

VP - he showed that he can be a viable staple of the second unit offense, if
they use him. He improved immensely during the second half of the serious
when he lost some weight and was able to jump higher and more with better
quickness....

The rest has been said...

(I watched the Pacer/Celt 1991 playoff game last night where Bird banged his
head on the parkay and then came back. What a bunch a fast breakin fools! The
game was so much prettier back then. Also, we need to darken the Fleetcenter
floor. Right now, it looks like most other floors. The Garden floor was so
cool on TV...)

DJessen33