*** Pitino meets with Louisville students

*** Pitino meets with Louisville students

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Rick Pitino announced a string of
non-conference games against big-name opponents for his first
season as Louisville's coach and said he wanted a new or
renovated arena to get students closer to the action. In a
20-minute session with students in which he answered questions
and signed autographs, Pitino said that Indiana, Tennessee and
UNLV were all on the Cardinals' schedule for 2001-2. "We want to
play a tough schedule, and we want to get on national
television," Pitino said. "We want to get your faces on national
television back home to your families." Pitino, who coached
Kentucky to a national championship five years ago, is coming off
three disappointing seasons as coach and president of the Boston
Celtics. He was hired last month to succeed Denny Crum, who
retired after 30 years and two national championships at
Louisville.

Full article at: http://www.infobeat.com/fullArticle?article=406761456