contrarian views

l.  If Issel wants his #11 pick, trade it to him; let him take McCarty
for a future #2 or something and we'll take next year's #1 from them.
Roll the dice, big Dan.  (Won't happen)

2.  Trade down.  Use our #10 pick for the best available player (not
prospect), and trade down half a dozen spots.  Use that to deal
Williams or McCarty or Anderson for someone else's white elephant--one
who might be a rebounder.  If we draft well at #10, we can get two
more good players before #20. (won't happen)

3.  Select a real point guard in the first round.  We could use one.
Walker at the point means another five years of futility.  (This might
happen).

4.  Don't think for a minute that McCarty or Griffin or Williams or
Anderson will make us better.  Next years results will be determined
by how many minutes Williams gets.  If he averages over ten, we're
toast again.  And I like him.  (I'm afraid we get deluded by a false
flash of numbers from time to time).

5.  Be glad we don't draft higher.  Half a dozen teams are going to
stay mediocre by selecting young prospects.  (Oh, isthatso?  Yes,
Moiso.)

6.  Get that point guard.  I still believe in Tinsley.  Don't be
afraid of taking the ball out of Walker's hands.  Make him rebound if
he wants more touches.  (Even race horses have to be guided).

Enough.  Cheers.  Gene