Re: draft picks for Terrell Brandon?

Francis Hsu wrote:

> RealGM.com says that trading Kenny Anderson for Terrell Brandon is doable.
> Trade 2 of our draft picks and KA to Minnesota for Terrell Brandon?
>
> That would give us a legit point guard who would be the third scoring
> option to Walker and Pierce.  But his salary/contract is not easy on the
> eyes.

Well we've seen worse at least. This does sound so typical...lottery picks for a
30-something 5-11 guard signed through 2005.

Chances are, though, that we're finally over the circa-1997 "we need a veteran
pointguard" phase now that Pitino is gone.

I can't find any argument which doesn't start with "cheap owner.." for why Boston
management can't live with the rest of Kenny's contract just through another two
full seasons. It will be over before we know it, just like with the Dino Radja
buyout.

I'll go out on a limb and say this is the first and last we've heard of this
rumor (even though the very similar failed Dallas trade was confirmed by various
sources).

When you read this stuff, you've got to give our list due credit for generally
refraining from wishful thinking trade speculations. What Celtic employee would
actually say two first rounders "at least!" to some doooshbag on a chat list.
Talk about wicked retarded.

----