Re: My case against Obie and Chris Wallace

--- You wrote:
Concerning a recent post from Kestas:

>And Obie will let him do that, having learned the lesson from
>Pitino's demise. Which is partly why Toine issues endorsements of Obie to the
>media nearly every day.
>Kestas

What O'Brien learned from Pitino's demise is that if he kept losing he'd be
joining Ricky back in college. Funny how O'Brien "let" Walker have his way
and the team magically started winning. Damn...I hate when that happens.
That spineless old man took a team with two legit NBA stars and ten backups
- Milt Palacio!?!? - and figured out how to do something "The Genius"
couldn't do and showed no sign of ever doing. Maybe that's why Walker and
Pierce want him back.
--- end of quote ---

I think you're bashing a straw man here. I've praised Obie before - including
the post you cited - and certainly didn't mean to imply that the only reason
our star duo want him back is because he's "spineless" (that's why I said
"partly"). Certainly, he's been a major upgrade over you-know-who. But, given
Mark's post and the fact that our team may not be ready for KC Jones-type coach
quite yet, I'm not that keen on bringing him back (not that anyone's gonna ask
my opinion). I'm less concerned with Obie's giving Walker enough rope to hang
himself with and the remnants of the headless chicken outbreak in his coaching,
and more with his reluctance to acknowledge that we need someone to play PF
since Walker is playing SF.
Kestas