From: Jim Metz [mailto:JBMetzEA@hotMail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:52 AM
To: Celtics @ igtc.com; Celtics Pride
Subject: [Celtic_Pride] T*A*P*S

   It's over.
   Let's see what Moiso, Griffen and Herren can do. These are the possible
bargains on next years roster that could replace costlier: Brown and Stith.
   We know, baring trade, that Antoine, Pierce, Anderson, Williams, Battie,
Potapenko, and McCarty are locked in.
   Palcio and Blount appear easy choices also. With three draft choices and
a look at Sesar, we don't have room for all the free agents.
   At this point; Kenny has one of the most untradeable contracts in the
league and we don't have a quality point guard. This must be addressed.
   Rebounding and defense are 100% effort. The teams rebounding is down in
the last three weeks, as the opponents shooting % has been climbing. It
would appear that familiarity has cost O'Brien his job next year. So be it.
If the players really want him back so much, they have had a funny way of
showing it.
   I will never mind losing because of a talent gap and the C's have played
better under O'Brien and some pretty interesting games, but the effort was
not consistent and  often measurably deficient.
   Pierce is obviously hurt. Kudos to him for playing through it and trying
to carry us to the playoffs. It's time to rest him now. Without him, we had
no chance. If the doctors ok'd him playing it was worth the chance. Bird did
it, even though he wasn't 100%, there were a few moments(can we ever forget
the Indiana game?) his heart carried the team to victories that wouldn't
have been.

-JB-

Unchain My Heart!