Draft Notes from Sportstalk

I checked out Sportstalk and they report that Yao Ming might not be made
available for this year's draft, but doesn't report why (all I can say
to that is "thanks Dubya").

Some other notable mid-level prospects have publicly said they will
return to school:  Florida's Udonis Haslem and Brett Neslon, MU's Kareem
Rush, Bama's Ron Grizzard and Gerald Wallace, Kansas' Drew Gooden,
Tennessee's Vincent
Yarbrough (isn't he into NASCAR also?), UConn's Caron Butler. Prepster
Kwame "Don't call me Earnest" Brown and Duke's Jason Williams are the
biggest names who have said they won't go hahdship. Others big names are
on the bubble.

Here is a list of prep and undergraduate players who have officially
declared (many more likely are coming): prepsters Tyson Chandler and
Eddy Curry. Big East's Michael Bradley and Eddie Griffin. Charlotte
freshman Rodney White. Arizona's Michael Wright and Richard Jefferson.
NC State's Damien Wilkens. Center-forwards Kevin Lyde (Temple) and
Steven Hunter (DePaul).

Already that's a lot of players that Chris Wallace and his scouts need
to carefully monitor, especially in light of having the Phoenix/Utah
pick. A few of these guys could also be second round steals (not that we
have any open roster spots).