Anderson query

In a message dated 4/7/01 12:44:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com writes:

>  They won't dump Anderson. A buyout will have to occur. That's why they've
>  buried him on the bench. They want Anderson to agree to a buyout of his
>  contract on terms equitable to them.

Question:  how does this work?  Let's assume Anderson has three more years on
his contract at, say, 8-9-10 mil.  That's 27 mil.  (I know these aren't the
facts, but that isn't important.)  How do they buy him out?  Offer him a
portion of the money (12 mil?) and he becomes a free agent, thus sparing him
the ignominy of rotting on the bench for 3 years?  Pay him the entire 27 and
put him on a bus?  (Well, probably a Lear)?  And does his salary count
against the cap regardless?  What motivation does Anderson have for taking
anything other than his full salary, even if it means sitting on his ass?
It's not like anyone else is waiting with open checkbook.
  Thanks.