medical mayhem

Hi Jim,

I'm a doctor and I've worked trauma before.  I think what may have happened
is that the knife punctured the lung and chest but that he only had a small
pneumothorax - in other words one that did not require lung surgery or a
chest tube.  I suspect that he was taken to surgery to have the wound cleaned
out sterilely.  Neck wounds are usually taken to the OR and explored if its
anywhere near the anterior triangle - in the front near the trachea and
carotids.  I don't think the diaphragm has to be repaired unless it is
bleeding horrifically.  I need more info to be fore sure.

Lance