Re: Paul Pierce, of course

    Bill, I also hope that Pierce makes his comeback against the Knicks in MSG
(watch the NY fans actually boo him). ;-)   Dan Forant's posts were way out of
line. I don't know from where such sentiments could come ("If he cares so little
about life he doesn't deserve one" "Maybe Pierce needed a fix"). Maybe he's just
pulling our leg.

    First of all, I doubt there is anybody reading this who hasn't done
something more "risky" at around the age of 22 than go to a private party
(presumably with bouncers) and decide to hang out shooting pool in the billiards
room. Ooh, what a juvenile delinquent!

    After seeing Shira Springer's article (which in fairness Dan couldn't have
read before he posted), you can pretty much conclude that Paul Pierce isn't
reckless with his life or his own safety.

    Let's all wish him a speedy and full recovery. I hope all of Boston fandom
sends him some sort of "get well". It's the right thing to do obviously.

    Forget about whether he'll play basketball this year. Paul Pierce should be
dead right now. We're lucky. I hope the retard attacker gets caught and brought
to justice.

Joe

------