police statement

Here is what I could get from the police press conference:

The club is The Buzz, at  51 Stuart St. As with other clubs in Boston, it
is called different names on different nights. It is closed on Sundays, and
was hosting a private party. Pierce was in attendence with several friends.

The club was fairly crowded inside. The attack took place in the pool room
in the back of the club.  A Celtics teammate (cops wouldn't say who, but
was Battie) took him to the hospital.

Pierce was stabbed eleven times in the face, neck, and back. He underwent
surgery this morning, has been upgraded from critical to fair condition.
His family is by his side.

He was attacked by an unidentified black male. The nature of fight is
unknown. There were several witnesses, and Area A detectives are
investigating.

A local music/rap group may be involved (this I think is the Made Men
group, not a gang); they were attending the party.

There have been other assault & batteries at that club this year.

will report if more comes in...

 --Ellie