Re: fan on the edge (not short, but not long)

    I think that what you write hits a chord. I don't know, at the same time I
think we have a good enough team. No truly bad characters among our players,
which is nice. A few talented players who I find fun to watch, and who really are
still young. We have a coach who is failing badly but I can't accuse him of not
working incredibly hard or caring, and he has succeeded before. The Celts are
just one thing you don't give up on, despite heartfelt pessimism over
Pitino-ball. I think we'll have a fast start in the opening month no matter what
shape Walker is in, disappoint somewhat against
objectively-beatable-but-better-organized teams in the latter part of this year,
and then fade into oblivion in the new year and give up a high FG% and rebounding
differential overall by season's end. Lots of steals and turnovers forced, I
actually anticipate pretty good numbers next year from our stars, more or less
the usual. A big, big final push to get to or hold onto the 8th seed, but it
should be close. To make the playoffs and to brighten our overall future, another
young guy other than Antoine or Pierce needs to shock us with a breakout year, or
at least a 8 rebounds and/or 2 blocks per game type of impact over the full 82
games (not just a quarter of the season like Griffin last year).

    Anyway I'm going to follow every game and invest emotions in the outcomes,
just as I trust Bill Cooper, Gene for sure, Cecil and the others will. I mean
gimmeabreak, why wouldn't we!? It's the Celtics.

   But just don't get me started on that smug, rotisserie geek in charge of the
Red Sox 90 million payroll. ;-)

Joe

    BTW, the "headless chicken outbreak" thing just kind of evolved out of a
phrase Shaquille O'Neil used to describe our "defense" against him last year (the
"monkey outbreak" system). Apparently he was referring to a phrase from a movie
about the Ebola virus or something.