Houston

Let me start out by saying that I really like VP. However, if I could package
VP & Kenny for Houston & Childs I would have to do it. We would have three
very talented starters in Houston, Pierce & Walker along with a 3-headed
defensive PG (Brown, Pack, Childs) and a 3-headed defensive C (Battie,
Blount, Moiso). Even if we threw in the Utah pick -- which I would only do if
we could include someone like McCarty in the deal -- we would still have 2
good picks to use on another C and a young PG.
I think we are a better team in 2000-01 with such a deal and ready to take on
the big boys in 2001-2002 and thereafter as long as we retain Houston or get
equal value for him in a sign and trade. Yes, we'll get pushed around by some
teams but a lot of that will depend on Blount who might surprise some of us.

On another subject, we often point out our defensive shortcomings and needs
and yet we can't wait to load Chaney on the next plane out of town. Wasn't he
a surprisingly good defender last year despite being an offensive
disappointment? I think he has a definite role on this team and should only
be moved if we get value back.

George