RE: Pitino Urged/Latest Trade Rumor... It's Time For CelticsNote s

Josh is of the opinion,
>Allan Houston is a terrible fit."

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.  Houston would play the two, Pierce at the
three, Walker at the four, Battie, Blount etc at the 5.  The flexibility it
gives the Celtics is great.

Houston could be the man for the next couple years ("You need three All
Stars to succeed" per Pitino and I agree), maybe providing leadership from
an actual All Star to teach Walker/Pierce/Battie etc.. "young players" what
it takes to be a real star in the NBA.

If he opt's out after one year, We still dropped salary and/or he will be
willing to do a sign and trade deal to bring in another player/pick that can
help the team. His worth in the league would give the Celtics some leverage
in that trade.

The only downside is the loss of VP and his potential and instability at
point, which we have now.

Just my opinion.  Meaning no disrespect.  <Jim