Re: Pitino Urged/Latest Trade Rumor... It's Time For Celtics Note s

OK, I read this Houston rumor somewhere as well, but I seem to remember
doubting its legitimacy. I don't remember where I saw it, but I dismissed it
pretty quickly. Ray, do you have any reason to believe this is being
discussed?

It's interesting. Supposedly the only thing keeping the Knicks from joining
the big three-team trade that would send Ewing to Seattle and Rice to NY is
the Knicks' insistence that they add a legit center or power forward in that
deal or a second trade. Would Vitaly qualify? I doubt it.

You just don't trade guys like Allan Houston for spare parts like Vitaly or
problem children like Kenny Anderson. I'd love to see it happen, because
Allan Houston would be a great, great fit on this Celtics team, but I'd
guess my first instinct on this one was right. Wishful thinking.

However, the Nuggets signed Andre Woolridge yesterday, meaning it's almost a
certainty they deal Chris Herren. That deal may come back to life at some
point, if anyone out there even cares anymore.

Mark