More notes on Pack/Cheaney for Herren/Stith

The fact that this trade is under consideration also shows that Pitino is
still willing to make some short-term sacrifices for long-term benefit. I
would think that Pack would be a stronger performer than Herren this
season. On the other hand, you're not giving up too much probably, because
Pack's minutes would take away from Randy Brown's. You can't have three
point guards play significant minutes in your rotation unless one of them
plays shooting guard also. I don't see that happening on this team.

Another thing: In Pitino's chat, he mentioned that Walker and Pierce would
be starters, but everyone else would be fighting for position. I noticed
the interesting omission of Kenny Anderson. Anderson has been a starter
since his second year in the league whereas Randy Brown has been a career
backup. So even if Brown was outplaying Anderson, I would expect Anderson
to keep starting (and Brown to finish games), just for team chemistry
reasons -- similar to how Best and Anthony were finishing games instead of
Jackson and Stoudamire in Indiana and Portland, if I recall correctly.

Alex