Injured list

So it looks like McCarty was the loyal soldier asked to fake an injury for
the team. I really didn't think it would be Carr because you don't recruit
free agents and then stash them on the injured list. It doesn't help the
team's reputation in attracting the next free agent.

This means that there are five players who will see time at center and
power forward: Battie and Walker as starters, Blount, Vitaly and Moiso off
the bench. It sounds like Moiso will get significant time, which is great.
I'm really looking forward to seeing him develop this year. If Battie is
actually starting because he's outplayed Vitaly in practice, that's
excellent. It might be more of a motivational tool, like naming Pervis
captain. Or it could be that Pitino hopes that being in the starting lineup
and having his name called by the announcer will pump him up enough to
bring the constant intensity that he needs. Whatever it is, it's probably
true that Battie complements the rest of the starting unit more than Vitaly
does. He brings some athleticism and shotblocking to compensate for Walker
and Anderson. Vitaly's talents as a scorer are not needed as much when
Walker, Pierce, and Anderson are on the floor.

Alex