One more prediction (44)

----- Original Message ----- From: <damekmo@teleport.com>

> ....the reason I picked 32 wins: still only two real NBA starters and 10
bench
> stiffs. Pitino the GM is a failure.  But....hope I'm wrong.

Even if I agreed with these statements, I don't see how it comes to three
fewer wins than last year.  Compared to last year, the bench "stiffs" are
significantly improved (read "no Dana Barros"), the conference is
significantly weaker and the Celtics are bound to have better luck.  That's
without counting on any improvement from the core players, of which I would
predict that Antoine and Paul will have better years, and Kenny a worse one,
but he'll play less.  I also haven't mentioned that I believe there will be
some kind of deal during the season to bring in more talent.

So, as I get out my calculator, I predict that the Boston Celtics will win
44 games this year, roughly on par with last year's Toronto and Detroit
teams.  While Joe is hoping that his prediction of 33 will invoke the spirit
of Larry Bird, I guess I'm calling on Danny Ainge.

Jim