Celts on opening night (was Prediction)

These are my thoughts;

I see the definites as being;

C - Potapenko / Battie / Blount
PF - Walker / Moiso
SF -
SG - Pierce
PG - Anderson / Brown / Herren

With Brown and Herren hopefully fit enough to play from the start. Our PG
rotation is a key to winning. Moiso I do definitely agree with what you said [a
natural talent like Moiso over McCarty whose not in the same class but knows the
system]. If Moiso doesn't learn the system getting experience then how is he
supposed to learn? Through practice? Theres only so much you can really learn in
practice. You learn so much more from playing. If it doesn't work out then we
can play Battie at power forward which gives Blount more playing time.

Therefore that leaves McCarty, Griffin, Stith, Carr and Eric Williams fighting
for the final three spots on the opening night active roster.

Our First Five Opponents

Detroit [SF / SG - Billy Owens / Michael Curry / Jerome Williams / Ced Ceballos
/ Jud Buechler / Jerry Stackhouse / John Wallace]
Toronto [SF / SG - Vince Carter / Alvin Williams / Morris Peterson / Dell Curry
/ Corliss Williamson]
Cleveland [SF / SG - Wesley Person / Matt Harpring / Lamond Murray / Clarence
W'Spoon / Ced Henderson]
Toronto [SF / SG - see above]
New York [SF / SG - Pete Mickeal / Lavor Postell / Latrell Sprewell / Allan
Houston / Erick Strickland / Glen Rice]

We face Stackhouse, Ceballos, Vince Carter (twice), Sprewell, Houston and Rice
in the first five games which is a lot of firepower at the swing positions.

For this reason alone I would be selecting the two best defensive players from
the mix. This would undeniably be Adrian Griffin and Bryant Stith.

So that gives you;

C - Potapenko / Battie / Blount
PF - Walker / Moiso
SF - Griffin
SG - Pierce / Stith
PG - Anderson / Brown / Herren

You then have a lack of scoring. Do you need the bigger scoring swingman
(Williams) or are the oppositions size at swing not significant enough to cause
a matchup if you play the smaller player (Carr). With that group of six players
only Ceballos and Rice would pose a real height disparancy against Carr and only
Ceballos slashes to the basket to score the majority of his points. Therefore
you choose the one who seems to be in the best form at the time. So I select
Chris Carr and start with this lineup [moving Pierce to small forward]

C - Potapenko / Battie / Blount
PF - Walker / Moiso
SF - Pierce / Griffin
SG - Stith / Carr