Re: Wink, wink!

In a message dated 10/27/00 5:45:29 AM, j.hironaka@unesco.org writes:

<< My view is that we need three point guards, so Herren or Brown aren't
the most likely second IR casualty (unless legitimately hurt, which is a
description that they both sort of fit).

j.hironaka
    ******************
    Yes, undoubtedly, Herren and Brown (if healthy) need to be on the roster.
I see Herren as being the player who can instill that selflessness and
determination to win, that I believe the team needs so badly.
    We also need three centers, because of foul trouble. Here is the issue
with Moiso. If Battie and Blount make the team, where does Moiso get his
minutes? But, I do agree with you that Moiso needs to develop as fast as
possible. He has so much more "game" than Battie. Some others have guessed
that Battie will be traded as soon as Moiso learns the defense.
    Eric Williams shoots a low percentage because he is fouled on every
possession. There has to be a spot on the roster for him as a go-to guy in
the half court and he also runs and passes well in the open court.
    I am convinced that Carr also belongs. He has the confidence and skills
to take the ball and create. He also does well in the open court. We have
Stith or Griffen to come in for defensive purposes.
    Everyone agrees that Walter has become worse than useless. The original
trio of Walter, Knight and Andrew were dubbed the; "Scarecrow, Tin Man and
Cowardly Lion." Only the "Scarecrow" is left and he hasn't found a brain yet.
    That leaves me with Stith/Griffen. We don't have minutes for both of
them. Griffen is one of my favorite all-time players, but he just won't shoot
the ball. If he is still injured, he isn't going to let on, although he
recently said he is not 100%. Where is the 15 foot jumper? The lift and the
move to the basket? I think he bears watching closely and then you tell me if
he is playing anywhere near his capacity.
    Tonight's game is so important, not only for the roster spots, and a
mistake there can be corrected easily, but to see if this team bounces back,
to play as a team and continues to run and play aggressive defense. If they
continue the downward spiral and keep walking the floor and heaving threes,
as they could, against a well disciplined team, all may be lost before the
season begins.
JB