"The Eye of the Tiger."

In a message dated 10/24/00 11:55:18 AM, Celtics-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:54:05 -0400
From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Magic game

The reason we may have looked good at times if because the Magic aren't
interested in defensive skills in pre season. WE ARE. At least we think we
are. You get mediocre results with mediocre players with the exceptions of
Walker, Pierce and KA. That's what we're getting and going to get. Our only
hope is to get out of the box quickly in the early season and rack up some
wins, because around the 20th game or so our weaknesses will glaringly show
and we'll be the bottom team we really are. Our only hope is for someone to
break out other than Walker, Pierce or KA and ignite the team,
consistently. It may happen, I hope it does.

Dan

            ***********************
    Some interesting points. It's true the players, even Kenny and Antoine,
are trying very hard on defense. A combination of impressing the coach for
playing time for some and bring tired of losing for some others, methinks.
    On the other hand, some of this will stick, if they are successful. The
signature of youth is to get discouraged easily. We started strong last
season, but when adversity hit, with the injuries to Pierce and Griffen, the
team reverted to selfish, lazy play. My feeling is that the core is a year
older and players like Brown and Stith, will help them focus.
    The other point was needing someone else to step up and be a leader. This
is what we saw from Chris Herren. I can't wait for him to return. As my
the Tiger."
    If we won those ten games that we lost last season, frittering
comfortable leads, to teams we had no business losing to, because we had no
back-up point guard, it would have been a very successful season and Rick
would have been mentioned as coach of the year and maybe even won it. In
fact, if we had won those games, we might have been more confident at the
ends of the close games and won a share of those also. Then we would have had
home court advantage, in the first round, at least.
"Tyger, Tyger, burning bright....." <A
HREF="http://virtual.park.uga.edu/~wblake/SONGS/42/42frall.html">The T</A><A
HREF="http://virtual.park.uga.edu/~wblake/SONGS/42/42frall.html">yger</A>

JB