[meta] Re: It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

(Thought I'd briefly interrupt the lovefest with a few comments.)

>From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>
>There is no debate taking place here.

This is absolutely correct.  Forant keeps talking about "debate" and
"accountability" while showing in his posts that he has no idea what
the words mean.  A non sequitur does not a cogent argument make.
Merely saying the team sucks does not make it so.  Someone who bandys
the word "debate" around so much ought to know the word "evidence"
and how to use some.

Then again, Forant's position is essentially untenable.  It is
impossible for the season to be crapped out before any regular season
games are played, but that doesn't stop Forant, whose modus operandi
is to make outrageous statements of that sort, or statements that are
incomprehensible (e.g. "[Mark] Jackson was fortunate enough to play
for the Knick crazy Knicks and a heads up team like Indy..." --
"Knick crazy Knicks"? what does that _mean_?).  It is rare indeed for
Forant to tackle the questions people pose to him, choosing instead
to either misrepresent them or to ignore them and comment on
something different (the aforementioned non sequiturs).

Probably what I find most egregious about Forant's posts are his
mischaracterizations of fellow listmembers.  His most frequent target
is Cecil Wright, mostly, I think, because Cecil likes to point out
Forant's bullshit every now and again.  Calling Cecil a "blind fan"
is just plain wrong.  I've seen Cecil criticize the team, certain
players, and management, and so has everyone who pays attention to
what is posted here.  Of course, everyone who doesn't immediately
take a dump on some aspect of the team is some sort of blind pansy
apologist for Pitino, Walker, the team in general, whatever.  I guess
Forant thinks of himself as a straight-shooting, plain-talking tough
guy who has the balls to tell it like it is (or, going to be).  Only
problem is, his gunsight's a bit off, he talks about as plain as a
Las Vegas hooker looks, and he sure isn't telling it like it is.  Ah,
well, whaddayagonnado?

>But until they are eliminated from
>playoff contention this year, I will cheer for them, which is my right.

Imagine that -- actually cheering for the team to _win_.  The mind boggles.

Regards,

Bill

P.S. The real reason for this post is to suggest that people might
edit down previous replies a bit in their messages to the list.  I'm
getting quoted messages from seven replies ago, and it wouldn't be so
bad, except I dislike seeing Forant's posts, _once_, much less
multiple times.