Re: Playing catch up.

I can't imagine a worse GM or Coach in the League for years, whether it is
bad luck, talent, his vision of an NBA team or just ignorance of what is
happening in the NBA, Rick Pitino has been a complete disaster for the
Celtic Franchise. It will take a few more years to recover and that will
only start when he leaves. He's been the man at the top with the last word,
and should suffer the consequences for this situation we're in. Name one
player he has ever improved since being a Celtic????????????? In the stock
market you cut your losses early, it's time to cut Pitino.

Dan

At 07:37 AM 10/19/00 EDT, you wrote:

>    10/19/00 7:30 amSubject: Playing catch up.
>Date: Thu, Oct 19, 2000 7:29 AM
>From: JBMetzEA
>

>Yes, Egg; I think Pitino has been a better GM than coach. Since he
arrived, I
>think he dramatically upgraded the teams talent while restoring some of the
>draft picks he was handed, but couldn't get these guys to play together
often
>enough. X's and O's do not make a great coach.
>If the Celtics can play as a team, unselfishly, they will have a great
>season. If they don't, Pitino will be making plans by Christmas and no one
>else can take the blame.
>Bluecat thinks he'd be better in college, so perhaps, it will be. Rick is
>always learning though and trying his best, which is why he has my respect;
>win or lose.
>Yes, Tammo; Vaughn is playing well, but so is Alvin Williams. LOL
>Vitaly bashers. Remember Wes Unseld? Give V. a little more time (and some
>minutes with Anderson on the floor).
>Speaking of Kenny Anderson. Don't bury him yet. The aforementioned cohesion
>he has found with Vitaly, opened a whole new dimension of Potapenko's game.
>That fifteen foot jumper that became such a weapon last season is only
>evident when Kenny gets him the ball on his spot. All the others find him
out
>too deep. It's Kenny's threat of penetration that opens the spot for V.
>Sure Anderson has an ego. So does Walker, Pierce and any other great player.
>Does that mean he can't fit his skills into the mix? No, it doesn't. Is he
>out of shape? Yes! Is he still the best point guard we have? Yes!
>Remember, when he started last season we were ahead in most of our games.
The