Re: Globe C-Notes

----- Original Message ----- From: Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

> Notable news from the Boston Globe: Bryant Stith could end up being a
> starter (wow), says May. He's ten pounds lighter and healthy for the
> first time in years. Pierce might play on Friday.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, Joe.  Stith looked like he's going to be
just the sort of player that Pitino likes, once he learns the funky chicken.
He looked as good as Bowen or Cheaney defensively, and has to be better
offensively.  He's an aggressive, in-your-shirt defender, rather than the
sly, quick hands of a Griffin.

Right now, I'd say that the leading candidates for the fifth starting
position are Stith and Griffin.  Moiso has a shot too, but not until later,
if at all, this year.  I guess you'd have to include Eric Williams in that
mix, but I think Pitino prefers Griffin.  Of these guys, the one that really
has the potential to radically change the C's is Moiso.  That's down the
road, and assuming he pans out, but the prospect of a long, athletic and
*talented* forward to play next to Antoine is intriguing, to say the least.

Jim