No Subject

"Karl Malone showed up at training camp weighing the same he did as a rookie in
1985 and with body fat of 3.7 percent. ''I came back in the best shape I ever
have,'' said Malone, who turned 37 last July. Utah coach Jerry Sloan just shook
his head in amazement, although nothing Malone does fitnesswise should be a
surprise anymore. ''Frankly, I don't know if he's ever been in better shape,''
said Sloan. ''But that's the way it's always been with Karl. Every year, he
finds something he can do just a little better. That's the way great players
are''

What do you think our "veteran All-Star" would say to that? "I don't wanna get
into none of that weight stuff. I keep myself in shape playing pickup ball in
the summer, and my weight is jus' fine - I even skip my 4am meal if I have to."

PS I realize that certain listmembers will be upset with me for expecting our
players to follow Karl Malone's conditioning example. I apologize in advance
for being so cheeky as to demand that our players be in shape for their
7-month-a-year, millions-paying jobs.