Re: my take

----- Original Message -----
From: Kestutis Kveraga

Mike/Rodney - who cares? I thought the point of exhibition games was to prepare the team for the season, not to showcase players who are certainly not going to be on the team come regular season.
I think this is a very good point.  This team needs all the practice it can get, so why are these guys playing so many minutes?  I certainly hope that if Brown and Heren were available, Jordan wouldn't be playing.  I guess you could say the same thing about Elliot with regards to Pierce and Stith.  As much as Pitino talks about "showcasing" these guys, he wouldn't be doing it if all his players were available.

On the other hand, he has said in the past how you can't practice well when you're playing a lot of games, so he probably would rather see the regulars putting more into practice than games at this point anyway.  Hence all the talk about only trying to win the last four exhibition games.  I think he really should have said, "we won't be ready to play our regular rotation until the last four games".

I know this might be asking a little too much, but does anyone think it's likely that Pierce will be ready to see any action in the pre-season?  I'd much rather see him get his feet wet in an exhibition game, but if it's rushing him too much, obviously it's not worth it.

Jim