Re: Cofman: Moiso Having Difficulty

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> I have no comment.
>
> http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/celts10102000.htm

Don't be so smug. My comment would be that this article was, if anything,
reassuring, to the degree that it is a problem of grasping the system rather
than a problem of disappointing skill level, plus the kid fully recognizes
the problem and isn't making excuses.

When he gets the system down, this problem by nature should disappear. If he
still plays poorly and doesn't demonstrate athleticism after that, then we
have a problem. If that's the whole truth, then I think we should be happy.

Sure we'd love it if Moiso could walk in here and dominate like Paul Pierce
or Adrian Griffin did as rookies, but remember that those guys both opened
the season with a Rookie of the Month performance (outplaying Vince Carter
in 1998-99 and Elton Brand plus Steve Francis last year). So that's not
really a fair comparison. A lot of obviously great players from the last two
drafts took awhile to adjust, and none of them had to deal with learning the
headless chicken outbreak.

***