Training camp notes

There are training camp notes covering the past week at celtics.com:

-- Most of the time spent in camp will focus on defense. Makes sense given
last year's defensive performance.

-- Potapenko and Blount are in "tremendous shape." Tony Battie is the
"unknown factor."

-- A scrimmage pitted Vitaly, Walker, Eric Williams, McCarty, and Anderson
against Battie, Moiso, Blount, Elliott, and Brown. It's interesting that
the first team has three tweener forward and the second team has three
tweener big men. I think that Pitino believes in Pat Riley's vision of the
future of basketball -- five 6'9" multitalented athletes -- except that
it's more like "four forwards and a point guard".
    I'm really curious how that second unit team worked out, and whether
we're going to see something like it (probably without Elliott) during the
season. With Battie, Moiso, and Blount you've got shotblocking and great
length across the front line. You probably need Pierce playing shooting
guard with these guys to provide offense in the halfcourt, probably off
double screens. Moiso could get a chance to be a big part of the offense
next to these guys also.

-- Walker looks the best he has in the last three years, according to
Pitino. I wasn't sure whether this assessment included Pitino's first year
or not, when Walker made the All-Star team. Pitino predicts that this is
the year when Walker enters his prime.

-- Pitino cancelled Thursday night practice and brought in a nutritionist
instead. Pitino says, "This team has great work ethic."

-- Jerome Moiso looked lost at first but is coming around. They are not
going to rush him.

Alex