"A bird of another feather."

    10/5/00 6:23 pmBill Russell, who is at camp preaches team ego. In order
for the Celtics to contend this season and I don't mean just slip into the
last one or two playoff spots, they will have to play as a team.
Does Kenny Anderson really mean it when he said yesterday that all he cares
about now is making the playoffs, not about personal stats? Does Antoine
really mean it when he says he wants to do whatever the team needs?
    There is nothing I would like to see more than a team dedicating itself
to putting their selfish goals aside. Pass first, always look for the open
man, run the floor, cover for your teammate on defense.
These should be the signs of maturity. As usual everyone is saying the right
things at this stage of camp.
    This could be a fun team to watch if things go well and they start to
live up to their potential and rally around a coach who really cares or it
could get brutal if the players turn on Pitino, knowing it will be his last
season as coach if things don't turn around.
    We'll probably know by Thanksgiving whether were eating turkey of getting
stuffed like one.
    I'll go optimistic, 54 wins.
JB