Re: Battie

----- Original Message ----- From: Berry, Mark S

> You know, it's positively frightening that the key to this season is Tony
> Battie. We wring our hands about Toine and Pierce and Kenny, but at
> least you generally know what you're going to get from those guys (good
> and bad). With Battie, you never know. I certainly hope he finds the
> consistency he's been lacking, and maybe the responsibility of starting
will
> be the push he needs. I don't know... I just don't have much faith in the
> guy.

Mark, I don't think Tony Battie is necessarily the key to the future for the
Celtics.  He could make a positive impact, but so could Moiso and so could
Blount at that postition.  The real key is Antoine Walker, and you don't
really know what you're going to get from him, do you?  The things they need
from Antoine will not come from anywhere else if he doesn't deliver.

Jim