Re: Tommy H

Dan Forant wrote:

> Yeah, Tommy would come out hair combed, well dressed, and by half time
> you'd swear he'd been wrestling. Super enthusiasm.
>
> Dan
>
> At 09:31 AM 11/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Dan Forant said:
> >
> >> Tommy H is my favorite Celtic of all time. His enthusiasm never wanes,
> >> never. You may think he's over partisan but I like it, and he's not
> >> afraid to point out our weaknesses. Those of you that missed any of his
> >> games when he played may never know the real Tommy H.
> >

> >And I loved him as coach, though his "enthusiasm" sometimes got him in
> trouble...
> >
> >Aimee

Many Moons ago, A friend  and I had courtside seats for a Celtics game
coached by the

volatile Mr Heinsohn. Enraged by a referee's actions, Tommy  did his
histrionic thing,

culminated by a dramatic "through the uprights" kick of a big bunch of towels
by the bench.

The anger on his face then turned to a strange bemusement  as he started
walking in our direction.

As we howled with laughter,  Tommy bent over, dug through the mass of bunched
towels he had dropkicked,

and  pulled out one of his shoes. He calmly put it on, shook his head and
smiled, and went back to doing his thing.

I love Tommy's work on TV , and I appreciate his insight and honesty. I hope
the Celtics will give him

more nights like the Cleveland game, 'cause when they are on, so is he!

Michael A. DiZio