Re: [Celtic_Pride] C's-Griz

Hi Mark,

Some may call me overly optimistic.  I see many of the same negatives as
many of these lists but I don't choose to focus on them since there are so
many who take great delight in that as it is.

That is why I focused on that 3 minute stretch where they cut a 12 point
lead to 2 against a team that, though they had lost 7 straight, has some
talented players in Bibby and Shareef.  That stretch of play is reason, in
itself, to be cause for optimism, if I were the coach.  They did it with
defense.  Playing a guy 42 minutes who was home playing with the kids and
dog last week.

You don't see the assists from Toine as a positive, focusing on the times he
may force his shots, which I agree are foolish.  But there are good signs in
his game this year.  Obviously, his 3 point shooting has improved, whether
we like it or not.  His rebounding, though not spectacular, has been very
good lately.  He is among the best passing forwards in the game when he
exercises that option.  I think he is willing to do this and hopefully we'll
see it as the season continues.

Paul needs to be more consistent in all aspects of his game in my opinion.
There are times when he is brilliant and I can see why we may want to
isolate him against whomever is guarding him, but he also needs to learn to
pass out of the doubleteam, as does Toine, more often.  Battie had 2 dunks
yesterday off feeds from Toine and Pierce.  His defense will improve.  He
did have 5 steals yesterday, so it's not like he sucks completely but I can
see where the hustle needs improvement on missed shots.

I still believe that this team will suffer most due to a frustrating
inability to cash in at the free throw line.  Shooting %69 ain't gonna cut
it.

Cecil