Re: Oh yeah

Guess I'll be the one to toss some cold water on the newsgroup.  Yes it
was a win, and It was certainly exciting down the stretch.  However, that
win masked some pretty upsetting trends.  The Magic shot 49% for the game
and were over 50% at the end of regulation.  They had about 30 points on
fast break layups while we only had 2 points as I remember it.  The Magic
had 27 assists to our 13.

Frankly, if Paul Pierce hadn't had a career game, we'd be looking at this
game as a replay of the Sixer game.  Our transition defense was awful, our
defensive scheme resulted in us double teaming Outlaw (who can't shoot
from the field) to give Amaechie open 18 footers (he consitently buried
them).  Finally, if Grant Hill were healthy, we would have been buries in
this game.  St Paul made an unforgiveable turnover, when he loafed in the
backcourt and got a 10 second call while the Cs had a chance for the last
shot of the half.

There were some highlights.  We didn't fold after Armstrong made his wild
3 pointer to tie things up.  We played some very good halfcourt defense
when we weren't doubling on Outlaw.  Antoine played with a virus, and made
no excuses.  We played relatively well, despite some rather poor point
guard play (I think its apparent that the team really misses Kenny).

I'll take the win, but lets hope that the Cs are not blinded by it and
forget the potential lessons to be learned.

****dave

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> Oh yeah.  Now that makes me feel good.  I guess this is just a roller
> coaster for the time being.   I sure do like these nights better.  I
> hope we will get a in depth report from someone who watched the game.
> Does anyone know what happened to Bill Cooper?
>
> Go Celtics!
>
> --
> R. Bentz Kirby
> bocelts@usit.net