Re: More thoughts....

>From: Ryan Lee <rlee_at_channing@yahoo.com>
>
>And Bird, I am pleased you actually replied with a
>respectful post instead of that usual arrogant
>distasteful drivel you normally send.  If it means
>anything to you, some of your noninsulting posts are
>actually insightful.

If I failed to be disrepectful to you, I apologize.  That certainly
wasn't my intent.  I seek to be respectful to the list, while showing
my complete lack of the same to you personally.  And no, it means
nothing to me.  "Arrogant distasteful drivel"?  You're right --
sounds like someone on the list -- who could that be, I wonder?

There sure is a lot of doom and gloom on the list.  Not suprising
given the Philly game, but if you just read the list and didn't know
the team's record, you might think they were 1-9 or 2-8 instead of
what they are.  What I do find interesting is that there are few
glowing posts after good wins, but the amount of pessimistic posts
after a loss are overwhelming.  Sounds like the Philly game was the
straw for lot's of people, though, and I can respect that.  Everyone
has a breaking point.  For some, it's obviously already occured, but
for me, it has been, and will continue to be, at the end of the
season.  I'll give Pitino his three years, and I'll even be nice and
discount the lockout season.  I'm a great guy that way.

On the other hand, if Pitino actually told his players that he was
leaving, then  I agree with Paul M. that he ought to get on a plane
right now.  What's worse than an ineffective coach?  An inefective
lame-duck coach.  Maybe the published reports were actually incorrect
(what?  How could that be?) and Il Duce used it as another
motivational tool.  Well, the others have worked so well so far.

There are bright spots in the season so far.  And if Pitino leaves,
he leaves.  The Celtics franchise will still be there, and Pitino can
finally drop off my radar.  The only bad thing will be the validation
some media-types will feel when he does go.  "I've been predicting
this for _years_" they'll crow.  Yeah, every year.  Eventually, he'd
die, retire, get fired, or resign.  Good call.  I predict each and
every one of us will someday leave this Earth.  Won't I be so happy
when that happens?  I can sit around and say, "Man, I predicted that
one!"

Bill, the Celtics "Tird"